The Raleigh (NC) Chapter of The Links, Incorporated was chartered on April 18, 1949 to serve the Wake County community. Organized by Link Julia B. Delany and with only 14 members, the Raleigh (NC) Chapter was the tenth club of The Links and therefore one of the 14 original clubs (later known as chapters) of The Links, Incorporated. The organizer and first president of the Raleigh (NC) Chapter was Julia B. Delany. Being one of the original 14 chapters, the Raleigh (NC) Chapter participated in the nationalization of The Links and Julia B. Delany was among the first national officers, having been selected as the first National Parliamentarian.
Today, The Raleigh Chapter includes 50 women involved in activities throughout the community. All Links are professional women and experts in their chosen fields. Members are active in other community and civic organizations by serving as board members and officers in groups such as the Triangle Urban League, YWCA, Jack and Jill of America, Incorporated, Junior League of Raleigh, Raleigh Opera Association, Raleigh Arts Association, and many other professional organizations.
While it would be unfair to cite some and not all, here is a short list of some of the community-based leadership positions, honors, and noteworthy accomplishments achieved by a few individual members.
- City of Raleigh Human Relations Award
- Raleigh Award for Lifetime Achievement
- Raleigh City Council
- Meals on Wheels of Wake County
- Raleigh News & Observer Woman of the Year Award
- Leadership Raleigh
- Salvation Army Volunteer of the Year Award
- President: Brenda M. Lewis
- Vice President – Membership Chair: Kimberly Williams
- Vice President – Programs: Wrenia Bratts-Brown
- Recording Secretary: Brandi Delany
- Treasurer: Andrea Owens-Byrd
- Financial Secretary: Tijuana Crosby
- Parliamentarian: Shonette Charles
- Chaplain: Edna Wylie
- Immediate Past President: Shirley Wilkins-Nimmons
- Janine Rouson, Southern Area Treasurer